Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Fa 50 1.4

This lens gets a bad rap on Pentax Forums. I have had one for about 3 yrs-hardly used it at all. Did some investigating and found out you should use a hood. Set my K5-iis to AV 5.6-shot in the mid day sun in the Arizona desert= to any of my Ltd's
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:34 PM   #2

Very nice! Really like this picture!

I've always wondered about that lens, I don't have one. I have both the M50 1.4 and M50 1.7 and thought that they were the same at f2.8 but that the 1.4 was pretty worthless wide open, while the 1.7 was much better at 1.7. I know the FA has different optics than the M, but wondered if it would suffer wide open also or not.

I'm looking forward to driving through the Arizona desert this weekend on my trip east to Tennessee. I'm going to overnight in Quartzsite Saturday, then spend a couple of days in Tucson before going to Benson to see Karchner Caverns. I'll probably drop down to Gila Bend and pick up I-8 so I can avoid all of the traffic in Phoenix. I'm just not sure if I'll miss all the construction that's west of Phoenix (hope, hope) - I drove through that mess a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. Phoenix itself wasn't bad, but I crawled for what seemed like hours trying to get through the construction zones!

I hope to get a few pictures of the wildflowers along the way.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote