Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 23, 2004, 5:14 PM   #1

I am a new Pentax Ist D owner and I must say this is some kind of camera. I just came off a 10 week assignment in Yemen under the worst conditions possible for a digital cameraor any other camera for that matter. This camera held up just great. I have let others use it without any problems. I have dropped it, banged it, swore at it and she kept right on shooting some of the greatest shots I have ever taken. I logged on over 5000 images in that time. I used 4 AA rechargeable batteries without a hitch. I was able to keep them charged at the hotel. Always carried three sets with me. I used a 1 gig CF card and downloaded and backed up to a CD every night. I have made prints up to 16x20 from TIFF files and they are outstanding. I use Photoshop 7 for post production work. Lenses I used were the Pentex 18-35 that came with the camera (special deal) and the Sigma 28-105 that was on sale at the time I bought the camera. I did have to return the camera to factory for thorough cleaning when I got back as I worked under very dusty conditions in the field. One of these days I'll get a web site up to show off the photos as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
GeorgeF73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2004, 2:15 AM   #2

Nice to hear about positive *istD experiences under extreme conditions. I have 5-6 good Pentax lenses, most of them from the FA series, and would love to have such an expensive camera, but the price is still way over my budget. Rumors tell that Pentax also work an a "low budget" DSLR, as Canon and Nikon already have brought to the market. The *istD should also become lower in price I guess as technology and competition is driven further.

So for the moment, I have to stick with my new toy, the S4i, and try not to forget to use my analog Z1p...

By the way, there is a special Pentax DSLR forum at Steves also, but I notice that the traffic there is veery low. You could also try the Pentax email list found at http://www.pdml.net/

arnelie is offline   Reply With Quote