Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 1, 2004, 7:52 AM   #1

I find myself in an interesting dilemma. I currently own two 35mm SLR systems:

System1, Older K mount Pentax:

Two bodies, KX and K1000, lenses include a 50mm f/1.7 M series SMC Pentax, a 28mm f/2.8 Rikenon XR, a 135mm f/2.8 Rikenon XR, a 28-80mm Takumar A zoom f/3.5-4.5, a Sears 80-200mm f/4 macro zoom (K mount) and a Sears 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom (KA mount) Note that only the two lowest quality zooms have an A setting.

System 2, First series Minolta Maxxum:

Two Maxxum 7000 bodies, lenses include Phoenix 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom, Maxxum 35-70mm f/4 zoom, Maxxum 50mm f/1.7, Maxxum 70-210mm f/4 zoom, Early series dedicated flash units (not fully functional on the later Maxxum proprietary shoe, requires adapter)

a Phoenix T-mount 500mm mirror lens and a T-mount slide copier attachment (can be used with both systems sinse I have both T-mounts)

As you can see the Minolta system is far more modern, and complete. However the Pentax system includes three good prime lenses. What advantages does the *istD hold that you feel would be strong enough to keep me from waiting for the Maxxum Digital 7? I realize that I will not be able to avail of many of the features of the Pentax with these lenses, however as long as their use is not slow and awkward I don't mind not having all of the bells and whistles.

I am still quite a few dollars away from a purchase so I am just looking for opinions right now.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links