Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:23 PM   #21

I happen to agree with you. Even though I own a Canon EOS 20D, I am drawn to the Pentax 1stDS.For a 6mp dSLR it is a rather amazing digital camera.

If you find time here is a link to a dozen of my Pentax 1stDS photos. I hope you enjoy them:

I truly think that the Pentax 1stDS is a camera worthy of your inspection. In short, I like it.

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:21 PM   #22

Hi Steve, best regards from Hungary Europe,!

I'am Attila member of Index Pentax Fan Club :-))!
kiszelyattila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 7:35 AM   #23

so far the only bad thing i can say about my new *ist ds is the strap is short and uncomfortable
and it matches up to all my other lenses perfectly
have been working test shots in the studio and the dark
is very workable in the editing
rogueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:23 AM   #24

Hi Steve,
I just purchased a new Pentax ist Ds and for some reason when I try to use rechargeable NI-MH 2200mah batteries they only work for about 10 shots and the camera reports they are dead. Since I have been using rechargeables for years I have several different brands in my inventory and none of them seem to work longer than about 10 shots. If I put them in straight from the charger into the camera they register full scale on the battery meter but not for long. It appears the camera wants 6.0 volts and anything below that it reports that the batteries are dead. Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts so 4 of them only give you 5 volts. The camera's manual reports that rechargeable should last from between 380 to 560 shoots or 300-350 minuets of payback time.

I called Pentax support and was told that this should not be the case. Using the same batteries in my Fujifilm S5100 yields very good results. Could I be doing something wrong? Did you test the ist Ds that you reviewed with NI-MH rechargeables? If not if you still have access to this camera could you test it out? Any help would be appreciated.

jwsmith59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 7:09 PM   #25

I've had really good luck using rechargeable AA's in my *istDS. I haven't kept count but seems like I get over a hundred shots before recharging. The original battery packs that came with it gave me even more pictures.
Bodryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:29 PM   #26

I am hoping to find out if the DigiPower DPS-9000 will work with it then battery problems are over.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote