Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1

In an other forum Steve wrote to explain that when prosomer users move up to dSRL, they are surprised at the soft focused images produced which are in sharp contrast - no pun intended - to that produced by 'compact's.

I'm looking to upgrade my Fuji S602 and am unsure whether to make the quantum leap into dSRL; the Pentax *ist DS looks ideal for me.Primarily what I want is something like a Nikon CP8800but fast to focus with minimal shutter lag - lens interchangeability is not a prime concern but I yearn for good clean sharp images.

Is there fundamentally any difference between the basic output of a CCD from either the 'compact' or the dSRL.

Does the image get 'pumped up' in the case of the 'compact' so that what I immediately see is sharp focused, colour saturated image& looks immediately pleasing. If it was left unchanged would it look much the same as the dSRL.

Does the dSRL image represent the 'RAW' output from the CCD such that the user can enhance this to his particular requirement.

If this is not the case, then it's a high price to pay for dSRL performance if image quality is sacrificed.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links