Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:46 PM   #1

My guess is they will show something behind glass that they say will be out around August.

wll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:30 AM   #2

Haven't seen anything yet other than the stupid silver version of the *ist dS. I'm very disappointed that Pentax isn't doing something in the pro dSLR market.

Canon needs some competition!
jaynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 4:53 PM   #3

When you can't find the Pentax DS or even the D at an electronic store, but you can pick up a Sigma, Canon or Nikon Digital 35mm. Why do you think they will come up with a pro model ? They can't even advertise and sell these against other makes. I searched high and low in NJ and PA for someone to show me one so I could see how it works. I finally got a local camera store to get one in from another store to stick on a standard K-mountlens and see how it operates. That was the only one they had in three stores. Pentax need some new people in their sales department.
mbutkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:05 AM   #4

Thats really wierd, the camera shop i bought mine from, when i went back to buy a new tripod had about 25-30 istDs boxes under the counter. Dunno how many of them were full, but there were lots.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote