Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:09 AM   #1

First of all sorry for my english, I'm not native english speaker...

I'm going to by *ist ds. I've read some opinions (peoples reviews and magazines)

saying that kit lens 18-55 aren't good. Is it good idea to get Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC instead of ?

I'm also really tempted by Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC but I wonder if price matches quality when compare to lens kit

mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

I've been considering this camera too. I just read a very positive review and they had a section about the kit lens. Sounds OK but if you can afford better they say get a better lens. The sample photos with the kit lens look pretty decent though. The review is at http://www.mobiletechreview.com/came...ist_DS_SLR.htm
fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:49 PM   #3

I recently read the review of Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC on a serious and reliable italian photo magazine. The judgement was really positive:

sharpness : excellent at 18 mm, very good at 24 mm, good at 30 mm, very good at 38 and 48 mm

distorsion: less than 3% at 18 mm, negligible at the other focal lengths

I did not have the opportunity to personally give it a try but seems it's really worth the money.

dam59 is offline   Reply With Quote