Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2005, 6:39 AM   #11

If you read Outdoor Photographer and/or Popular Photography magazines, you'll discover from such pros as George Lepp and Rick Simmon that digital gives you creative freedoms you never dreamt of with film. How many shots did you miss or discard with film because of costs? How many times did you want to experiement with new techniques but didn't because of costs?
The beauty of digital is that a modest investment of materials and time yields unbelievable new horizons and, as Emeril the chef says, "kicks it up a notch" in your photography. It took me 6 months with a digital camera and Photoshop to get comfortable, but my photography went from "great family and vacation PICTURES" to "Incredible nature and portrait PHOTOGRAPHY" with digital. I spent over 14 years supporting some of the top 5 Ad agencies in the world (BBDO, etc.) and the reasons they went totally digital is the artistic freedoms it allows them, not to mention reducing their production costs by 90%, INCLUDING THE INVESTMENT IN NEW EQUIPMENT!
I learned photography under the man who created the ad work for the movie "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind". It took him SIX MONTHS to create the ad featuring the Devil's Tower and the alien spacecraft with film. He admitted recently he could have done the whole thing in 15 minutes with a digital camera and Photoshop today.
Your call!
Rob "MacDaddy" White
macdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote