Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2005, 4:04 PM   #1

I'm a dentist and used a Pentax PZ100 to hold my B+W film and a Pentax MZ-6 to take color photos. I've been itching to go digital and, with the compatiblity of my existing lenses, the *ist DS is the perfect fit.

I got a nice surprise when I finished up my 2004 taxes when I realized that I didn't have to pay as much as I had estimated. When we found out the the amount, I looked at my wife and said "guess what I'm getting?". She knew.

I've had it for a week now and have taken over 250 pics of multiple subjects including my patients. I'll never go back to film.

Ease of use, quality, price, portability, long battery life - this thing can't be beat. I love it!

By the way, with great hesitation, but no complicationsI ended up getting it online at Abe's of Maine for an amazing price ($739 - body only), and only $55 to ship to Canada. I even picked up a Sony Handicam for my wife ($750CAD at sonystyle.ca, yet only $340USD from them)...
chodapopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 5:39 PM   #2

I agree with you about the DS, I got mine locally with the lens, but I have lenses from my SF-1, so they are completely compatible. I got my DS early April, and haverecorded almost 900 images. I use Photoshop CS2, and record in the RAW mode. It allows a whole lot of flexability in working with the recorded images.
Mr C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 1:00 PM   #3

hey doc,

got mine in march and have only shot a few under 3000.
I really enjoy that i can use the lenses i've had forever especially the 100mm macro.

shot this yesterday with it..