Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:45 AM   #1

Spotted this morning:

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:43 AM   #2

News just came out about this little guy today. It is aimed at the Nikon D50, I believe.

From all the rumors around the net, the replacement for the ist D will be later this year as they are waiting on the new generation of sensors.

wll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:29 PM   #3

from looking at the specs, i don't see a difference except a 1/2'' bigger screen and an auto extendable flash that doesn't give any more distance that the current model.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:26 PM   #4

Hello all. Another important difference I noticed is its use of the "penta mirror" (Mirror box?) as a viewfinder instead of the penta prism found in the Ds and D. Most entry-level dslrs use the mirror box I believe. Am planning to buy the *istDs btw.

Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:26 PM   #5

I'm for anything that enables Pentax to continue to profitably make great lenses for my ist D.

There are features the DL lacks that I'd miss, e.g., a real pentaprism, AV & TV controls, true Hypermodes,continuous focus in all modes and an available battery grip. For the probable price, this might just be a true winner!
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:56 PM   #6

This is great! By x-mas it will be a < $500 body/ $600 kit deal! Looks like Pentax is starting to gear up for the masses. Good news for the future.
zerotonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 6:22 PM   #7

The 1st DL I believe also has a plastic body, while the 1st D &1st DS have metal bodies.

cheers Bryan
bryanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:10 AM   #8

It in fact has a compact high rigiditry stainless steel body to delight new and advanced users alike.:|
wozasam is offline   Reply With Quote