Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 20, 2005, 3:11 PM   #1

Anyone own any of these lenses? I went to a camera shop in Haarlem today they had a 100-400mm f/4.5 (i think it was 4.5 it *couldve* been 5.6) For .. if i remember correctly 275 euros. Good price? I asked to try it out they gave me the 300mm instead, it was very smooth AF, light, and the AF worked well, not like my sigma (which i noticed was selling 175 euros, wonder if i can get that much because thats def. not what i paid for it). The one thing i didnt like about this cassino lens was there was no markings on the barrel whatsoever, like the focus marks etc

Anyways - I called up about that underwater housing a few topics back-

They are custom built to order

They are alumiium shell

They cost more than the camera itself - a whopping 1750 euros!!! I think i am going to get the PVC bag version when i get back to Australia, then i am able to use my TTL flash aswell, to save buying an amphibious strobe. I just dont believe i should pay something about 4 times what i paid for the camera and lens.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:13 PM   #2

i know you are down under but have you tried B%H photo for the housing??