Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:08 PM   #11

Just got the camera back today. They had to replace a faulty sub PC board and the flash PC board. The problems are gone, but I'll give it a thorough check tonight. Thanks for the comments everyone.
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 8:34 AM   #12

1, don't take your finger off half press when you reposition.

2, When you reposition, you cannot change your distance from the original subject, you can pivot but you can't move for or aft.
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:48 PM   #13

My DS had the same problem as well. The camera *sometimes* refocus when the shutter-release is fully pressed. I sent my camera back (still under warranty) for a repair and now it works the way it should.

I think this is not an uncommon problem. Another user reported that he got the same phenomen with his *ist film camera.

An easy way to test the shutter-release button is to take a picture first, then do not fully release the shutter button, and try to press the shutter button again. Try repeating the process (press, half release, press, half release....), the camera should never take a picture as long as you don't fully release the button. Of course you need to set the camera in AF, AFS and single shot mode.
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote