Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:50 PM   #21
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I tested the capability of the Sigma EF 500 DG Super at close range (2 foot) and it exposed perfectly. I do not have a true macro lens (i.e. 50mm) in order to get any closer to the subject. In the event it does overexpose, I imagine I could reduce the power (this flash has 8 reduction points from Full to 1/4). BTW, the flash head tilts down 7 degrees in order to accomodate close-up subjects.

I also tried using it in the high speed sync mode (at 1/1000 sec)and the exposures were good.

Let me tell you what I do not care for much: In order to change the bounce angle or the swivel position, one has to push a button to release the head. A bit inconvenient if you are looking for quick adjustments. Sunpak's "buttonless" bounce and swivel head seems more convenient. Other than that the flash is A-1!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:41 PM   #22

I use my IstDL with a Metz Mecablitz MZ32 and the SCA3072 adapter. This setup works wonderfully well in TTL mode. I encountered the same problems you describe when I connected the flash with the SCA372 adapter I use with my LX.
hans_cronander is offline   Reply With Quote