Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:01 PM   #1

I have a Pentax right angle finder left over from my Spotmatic II days. It worked really well for taking shots close or parallal to the ground. I am planning on getting an *ist DS2 and wondered if this device will work on the view finderof it.

I am going through my old Spotmatic II stuff, trying to figure out what I can use and what will go. I have three nice Super Takumar lenses that I will use and a Pentax automatic extension tube set that should work ok with an adapter, although I'm not sure the *ist will work the automatic aperture part of it. Also, would I put the switch on the lenses in auto or manual to use them on the *ist? I guess I haven't done all my homework on using these yet, but I'm sure it willclear uponce Iuse it. Thanks for any help - bper
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2006, 6:26 PM   #2

I have the right angle finder as well, it will not fit the *istDxx cameras unfortunately, the mount is too small to fit over the viewfinder. Back in the late 1970s when Pentax introduced the compact M -series cameras they also chose to usea larger viewfinder flange so your converter will fit any K-series cameras (like the K1000) but nothing later.

As for your other lenses, the auto-aperture function on the lenses and extensions will not work, set the lenses on manual. Also in the camera menu you will have to set the custom function to allow the camera to shoot with the pre A-series lenses (aperture ring off the A position). Then it is just a matter of setting the camera on Manual exposure, set the aperture on your lens, focus and press the AE-L button to set the shutter speed. Even simpler than the Spotmatic.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote