Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:15 PM   #1

I don't see this info on their web page. What would be the recycle time of the on board flash.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:47 AM   #2

By recycle time, I believe you mean how long it takes to recharge the flash and take the next shot.

That all depends on the flash power used in the shot. if the required flash is only half power say then that will recharge quite quickly for the next picture, but if the photo requires full discharge of the flash to provide enough light thats a different story.

I use a Metz flash for my work 35mm cameras and a full flash exposure takes a completely different amount of time to recharge compared with some low level fill flash, where I can take shot after shot as quickly as the film can wind on the flash is ready.

With my DL I just tried a couple of shots where the flash required was low level and it was taking a flash shot every 3-4 secs, but that was due to the 3 sec auto image preview, I switched that off and it was taking consecutive flash photographs as quickly as it could save it to the DS Ultra card, about 1 per second.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote