Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:45 AM   #11

Bought my ist DL from Beachcamera for $475, including standard shipping. It arrived three days ago and I've already shot 800 pictures. Of course, I deleted about 700 of those because I have no clue what I'm doing. But I'm having a lot of fun trying to figure it out!

Can't comment on Buydig v. Beachcamera, since I've never used Buydig, but Beachcamera has my endorsement. Also picked up a 1 GB SD card from Buy.com for $26, including shipping. A sweet camera bag fromInkley's and 8x 2500 mAh batteries later, and I feel like I'm KING OF THE WORLD.

Now....if I can just figure out what in the heck "aperture" means....
Attached Images
loriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:28 PM   #12

Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:51 PM   #13

Welcome to the world of photography! The more you learn, the more there is to learn. I just hope that I'll manage to take one really good photo someday. In the meantime, I have so much fun trying, and learning once again how to control depth of field. Why was it second nature back 5 years ago when I was using film, andseems like such a hard thing to get right now that I've gone from a small sensor digital camera to a dSLR? Sigh...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:00 PM   #14

How about a "your best shot" topic? Just wondering?
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote