Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2006, 7:53 AM   #1

I was at a job today and the media were there, including print media, one of the photographers came up to me and we started chatting.

He had a couple of cameras hanging about his neck including a brand new Canon 1D mkII 16.7mp camera with a huge 30-70mm F1.8 lens.

I had it in my hands and checking out the buttons, looked through the biggest damned viewfinder I have ever seen, unbelieveable, bright, huge, wide, did I mention HUGE :shock:, clear, sharp, HUGE. :shock:

I reluctently handed it back and he snapped off a stack of shots on continuous mode, damn fast (4 frames per second in a burst of to 32 JPEG or 11 RAW files)

I was a little in awe, especially when he told me he gave away his Canon 1D MkI, I could have fallen over.

Camera, $5800Aus, lens $10K Aus..yes please...:sad:

I still like my DL, I think it is cute....:lol: small, light and MINE.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:10 AM   #2

sounds like a nice camera but the price.... whew that is a bit much.but i still like my DL i just love it too much to give it up.
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:39 AM   #3

One reason for paying the price is that most national magazines will not accept photos from cameras using less than 12 Mega pixel sensors for their articles.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote