Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 17, 2006, 8:30 AM   #21

Crashman wrote:
So exactly which converter does allow AE and limited AF.

I did a quick check of Kenko on Ebay and looked at the MC, MC6, MC7 and AF models, none have contacts for the AE or the AF.

I found this Tamron on Ebay, does anyone have this one? Does it do what they say, AE and AF?

It gets annoying when you stick your nice new lens on with a tele-converter and the Av on the lcd screen on the Dl displays "--" .
I have got this teleconvertor exactly, i.e. the "Tamron-F" MC4 Pz AF. Mine is just 1.4X though.

Actually in my last link provided, there is a picture of my teleconvertor near the bottom of my page:-

As you can see, this "Tamron" convertor has all the Pentax KAF-2 pins including the power zoom power contacts! So, it must work with everything Pentax produced so far with its "loop-through" design. Go ahead with this and I am sure you will not have the problems you worried ^_^

Well, on the other hand, you can see also the coating of the glass element is indeed not very good from my picture :-(
Also, I do believe a 2X MC-4 convertor do not have as good optical performance as a 1.4X convertor which is easier to make.

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 9:17 AM   #22

1.4 x version of which one..... the tamron or the Kenko?

I think I will go with this Tamron on Ebay, it is local to my area and might be able to pick up and save on postage, has the same contacs as yours. :-)

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:31 AM   #23

Sorry. Tamron MC4 1.4x

derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:32 AM   #24

Thanks everyone for all this Great info

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote