Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:38 AM   #11

I am not a big fan of added complexity, it just means more to go wrong. If the IS does not involve actual moving parts it is probably less of an issue, but please give me the 10MP with more buttons for common features and leave it at that. In other words, two models please, one with one without.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:41 PM   #12

i would say there would definately be an on/off button for the IS. unfortunately the consumer market demands IS nowdays so they will have to include it.

My idea of the near perfect pentax body would be a digital Z1p with the power zomm functions still usable.. Or they could just make a digital back for the Z1p. mmmm that would be nice.

And I agree with tom about the IS making stationary objects degraded with IS on, the new panasonic FZ30 certainly does even when tripod mounted. come to think of it to get a shapish picture straight off the camera I had to turn noise reduction to low and crank up the in camera sharpening. I bet the pansonic guys on the panasonic forum would disagree!!
hamtaro is offline   Reply With Quote