Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:22 PM   #1

Iam about to leap into the DSLR world and currently debating between the DL kit and using my Tamron 28-200 lens, or going for the DL2 kit which comes with 2 lenses, here in Canada.
I called one of the local camera stores here in town that offers "trade-ups" and they offerred me about CDN$125 for the MZ-10 and the Tamron lens. On the one hand, it is not a lot of money, but I will surely not use the MZ-10 at all in the future. On ebay, the few MZ-10s that are out there are going for peanuts and even the Tamron lens itself doesn't command that much.

I guess my question is, for recreational / home use, I welcome opinions on keeping the lens and using it with the DL, or selling the body and lens for the relatively nominal amount of about CDN$125 and using that to off-set the increased cost of the DL2 which comes with 2 lenses.
Any thoughts?
TIA (thanx in advance).
Birdman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:14 PM   #2

Keep the Tamron regardless of which decision you make, it is very good for a super zoom and would make an excellent walk around lens. I would love one of these.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:48 AM   #3

try a trade in here. they will pay top dollar for used equipment.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:53 AM   #4

I am willing to sell it as I am consideringgoing upto the DL2 dual lens kit. Not sure what the MZ-10 body and the Tamron lense would go for though.

I know this is not a classifieds board, but feel free to make me an offer or email me off-line. I am in Toronto.
Birdman325 is offline   Reply With Quote