Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:04 AM   #1

First, we can learn what this new function can do and cannot do and how it is operated, exactly:-

Well, I'm a bit disappointed to see that it is just purely and totally a preview function, which means that there will be nothing more can be done after the preview. All in all, the user has no choice to save the previewed shot. Furthermore, the display of histogram and/or highlight clipping warning must be chosen before hand in the playback menu (it is linked to the instant review function).

I think the idea of digital preview by Pentax is good and somehow innovative too. And there is actually no cost to make for the manufacturer as it is implemented via firmware, but not hardware. But I think Pentax should make this feature more versatile and flexible indeed, for example, by adding the option of saving the image if the preview is found to be good, and to let the user to push the info button to select the display of different userful picture info such as shooting data, histogram/highlight clipping and merely in full frame (for the picture only), i.e. just like what we can do in the playback review mode. If so, the digital preview function can more or less rival the Live View Mode B of the Olympus E-330.

BTW, it is still again one step lag behind others for their attempt.. Otherwise, it would be really good.

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2006, 1:36 PM   #2

i still like to know how this cameras 5 point AF system works.
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:32 PM   #3

Andre_L wrote:
i still like to know how this cameras 5 point AF system works.
Very similar to the DL, just two more sensors directly above and below the center spot.Like the DLthere are no indicators to show you which sensor has the focus set,personally I found it not that useful and prefer just to use the center spot instead.

bright eyes is offline   Reply With Quote