Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 1, 2006, 11:11 AM   #1

This request is under this topic because I have my Pentax istDS and it may be used for the following function.

I don't know if what I mean is Metadata or Exif data...I am referring to the information about the photo that the camera records...date, time, ISO, f/stop, all the pertinent data...

I know that the info is transmitted to the computer, but, what I need to know is if all that data can be imprinted directly on the photo print, just like the day/date used to be imprintable on a film photo.

The reason for this is to know if digital photos exposed in an investigation (say, pictures of a cheating spouse in a divorce) can have the data imprinted on the face (or reverse) of the print so that when admitted into evidence (in court) the info will be there for all to see and will self-authenticate the photo, without requiring the additional testimony of the investigator because the day, date, time, f/stop, ISO, etc. is there for the jury to see...

marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 11:20 AM   #2

I dont think this belongs in this forum

On another note, I guess you could write a script to extract the exif from the jpeg, and use a library like GD to write it over the image
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 1:38 PM   #3

another problem with this is that there are programs out there that can rewrite the exif info. so it looks like your investigater is still going to have to be in court..