Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2006, 8:16 PM   #21
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

BK and Rufus,

I can't see a significant difference in using the high speed card vs. a regular speed card. BK's observation that the camera may be the limiting factor may in fact be true. I must admit that the read speed from my card reader does not seem to be any faster (that I can tell). My observations are based on RAW images--not sure if based on the image content in RAW if the speed difference is marginal. I was looking for a 1G card and happened to come across the Ultra II on the internet (from a famous book seller that is named after a wide river in S. America) for $40 (free S+H)! Given the incredible deal, I purchased it. I was not specifically shopping for a high speed card--good thing, or else I would have been very dissapointed!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 4:34 PM   #22

You have a good point there.

I also think that it is a good idea to have multiple cards, instead of one big card, so if you lose one card then you don't lose all your images. You still have another to hand.

I shoot in RAW so I feel I need a bigger card, but others may not, so a few 512mb cards might be the right thing to go for, for you?

Also if you lose one card whilst you are out and about or away from home, then you always have another to hand.

electric-soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 5:18 PM   #23

Glad you found a great deal on the 1gig Ultra II. I Can only say that In My case the transfer rate was much improved With the Ultra II.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote