Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2006, 9:25 PM   #1

I little bit curious to know whether Petaxian use Bigma Sigma 50-500 w their Pentax dslr body. I would like to know how this giant lens fit this tiny body. I can't find any picture in the net.

I already have Pentax D 50-200, and I need longer reach and don't like to change lenses every time to get longer zoom. My plan is to get high end D 18-50 f 2,8 when it available for daily use, combined w this Bigma.

Any experience w this Bigma ?

ertomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 10:54 PM   #2

I met a guy using the Bigma on a Nikon d70 one day. He had it on a rather heavy duty tripod and seemed to be lugging it more than carrying it. Not for handheld photos unless you're the Green Hulk if you ask me. Too big for my liking. I'm looking forward to the new 10mgp d replacement and plan to do more cropping from my 200 and 300 lenses instead of packing around 4 and 5 lb lenses. But they do make them for the pentax, and I imagine they perform quite well from what I've read. The Nikon guy I met said he liked it a lot, but that it was achore to hike around with it. Just my 2 centsworth.......cheers........Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 2:33 AM   #3

I can't wait till the the 10mp comes out - just to play with it. Does anyone know the store dates at all? Or a rough price guess?
Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:40 AM   #4

I don't want to come out with the announcement....but. :roll:

But if I was going to take a holiday in September and go to Germany to Photokina, I think I would be very happy with what I saw there.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote