Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:19 PM   #41

Cameta camera sent me a replacement lens which now works extremely well with my DS (finally!)One of the things I noticed right away was that the aperture lever on the back end of the second lens moved freely one direction, and sprang back normally. The first lens they sent had a very stiff lever, but I thought nothing of it at the time.

It was a pain getting the right lens for my camera, but the quality of the pictures it takes is simply amazing.

meinherzbrennt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:01 PM   #42

I've dropped the problematic lens off at Gentec, they said it would take a week or so. Hopefully they'll figure it out, but they said it sounded like something might be loose based on the description of the problem.
intence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:51 AM   #43

Purchased from Cameta in July. It had the usual problems, menu dissappear after a few seconds, refocussing after focus lock, etc. I didn't want to chance a replacement from Cameta with the same problems and have to pay shipping again and again until I got a good one. Cameta did not have a RMA system, so I feared that it may get lost somewhere.

I decided to send to SIGMA NY for warranty repair. They received it Oct. 10th and without receiving a confirmation after a couple of days I sent an email and received response that they indeed had the lens and were testing. I sent one email a week for an update and received similar responses including one that said to give them more time.

Nov. 7th I received an email stating that they are waiting for parts from Japan and it would be a couple of weeks until they get them! This is unsatisfactory. I presume that it will be a couple of more weeks after that they will complete the repair. They did offer to send me a lens as a loner if I were a professional and met a certain criteria that they would decide. I declined, mostly because I did not want to be responsible for any damages or theft to their loner lens.

The only person I have a name that I have been contacting is Rory. He has been polite, but not very helpful. I am posting this to inform you all of the quality of product and service that Cameta and SIGMA are providing.

I will keep you updated to this situation if requested.

jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:23 PM   #44

Sorry to hear of your continuing problems. Sounds much like the situation I was in, but the Canadian distributer (Gentec) stood behind the product 100% and replaced the defective lens with a new one rather than cause any longer delays in waiting for parts from Japan ... as a great bonus the Canadian lens is covered by a 5 year guarantee rather than the 1 year one that applies in the States. I'm delighted with the lens I now have ... the hassle was definitely worth it. The Sigma is my everyday lens now. Good luck with yours.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote