Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 16, 2006, 4:16 PM   #1

Not a very interesting or good picture, but is the first taken with my old 11-inch monster Soligor 350/5.6 using my Pentax screw mount adapter. I'm relatively happy with the results but will need to go back to remebering to set f-stops manually. This is hand-held so I'll need to find my old tripod too :-) Next step will be to hunt down some cooperative birds, ducks, bugs ...

Also have a similar vintage 35-105 Soligor that has been invaded by fungus. Is it feasible to get this cleaned? What sort of cost? Can one tackle this themselves? Any web resources with hints or ideas on cleaning?

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2006, 4:25 PM   #2

you can try but it's tough getting them apart.. i've tried once and...........bye, bye $9.
getting it cleaned would be a waste of $$.

in order to kill the fungus set the lense on some shiny aluminum foil with the caps off in the mid day sun for about 3-4 hours. stand it up on the front lense. you will still have the traces but the fungus will be dead.. also get some desiccant (bag of rice) and put it in your cam bag to absorb any moisture.