Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:01 PM   #1

I had a chance to try 3 1stdl's before ordering mine online. When I first saw the DL it had a big, bright optical viewfinder with very large green icons. Blew the Nikon away for all this. Second one, same thing. The third one I saw had a darker screen and tinier icons. I was like huh?

Well the one I ordered online came in and it has the tiny icons and not as bright. I even went back to the first store I saw it at to buy some accessories and confirmed this though didn't compare head to head.

Pentax doesn't know what this could mean.

Any thoughts?
corvairfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:36 PM   #2

DL or DL2 maybe?????

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:35 AM   #3

Could you have been looking at a DS or DS2 instead? The Icons are quite different between the DL and DS.

ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:57 AM   #4

No the camera was clearly labeled with the big L and listed for full retail price at the Ritz stores. Actually, come to think of it 2 Ritz stores had the big beautifull viewfinder( I swear the icons were larger and more in the middle of the screen) and 1 Ritz and 1 Circuit City(and my new one) had the tiny viewfinder and icons.

All were definetly the L model.

Oh, ordered it online for only $464 or so shipped. Thought it would be 10 days but came in 4. I have to wait 2 more days to get the memory card from another vendor a more professional photographer recommended.

AAAAARGH. Can't wait to see what pictures it takes. They look great on the big vf in 5 second playback. LOL.
corvairfan is offline   Reply With Quote