Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:40 AM   #1

Hi, i just purchased the pentax 50-200mm lens for getting some close up shots of my son on football field, but for some reason i cannot get it to focus at night,I cannot see the image i want to capture and when i take a picture its way to dark or not visible at all, what should i set it too. I am new to all this technology, the lens that came with it was the 18-55mm i have no trouble using that lens in dark. whats up?...please help.
michigantina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:35 AM   #2

I presume you are talking about the Pentax Zoom SMCP-DA 50-200mm F/4-5.6 ED Autofocus Lens?

If it had an aperture ring I would say make sure it was set to "A", but I don't think it has one. Check and clean your contacts on the lens make sure the lens and camera are talking to each other otherwise the aperture might not be setting properly.

Also check that you haven't, by accident, adjusted your EV down and check that your LCD screen is also not been adjusted down.

Anybody else out there with something that might help??:-?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:25 AM   #3

michigantina wrote:
I cannot see the image i want to capture and when i take a picture its way to dark or not visible at all,
take the lens cap off.. lol

seriously, if it's the da 50-200, it doesn't have an aperture ring. put the scene dial in Av mode, then use the wheel to the left of the Ae-L button to adjust the aperture to it's lowest number setting. you can also adjust the ISO to a higher number by pressing the Fn button. bottom line tho is if there is not enough light to see by then you are not going to take an image you can see. also RTM

welcome to the board..