Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:39 PM   #1

I've been using the above for quite a bit of shooting, and am quite happy with the results. The problem of the fn menu not displaying for longer than a few seconds is still there, but after I've used the camera for an extended period of time - not turning it off - the menu functions then stay on like it is supposed to. Then if I switch lenses, and then switch again back to the Sigma, the menu's only stay on for a few seconds. Then after a while, they'll stay on again. Strange. Anybody else experience this or have any ideas as to what might be happening? Can't see the point of sending it in for warranty work, as it's only a minor inconvenience for me. As far as shooting pictures goes, it works perfectly.......cheers......Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:56 AM   #2

I have the same lens and have yet to get it to work properly. When I first got it the camera (DL) would not recognize it and when I managed to get it to work a little the exposure was way off and it would not hold focus. The menu system on the camera just wouldn't work with the Sigma attached. Sent it for warranty repairand it seemed to work a bit better, but still the menu system would not work properly with the lens attached and it will not hold focus with the shutter held down half way. I returned it again for further work under warranty on 15 June and am waiting its return. I was going to post results, but was waiting for second go at fixing. If it is not correctly fixed this time I am going to ask for a replacement lens. I really think that the number of people who have issues with this lens suggests that Sigma had a bad batch somewhere along the way.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote