Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:20 PM   #1

I've decided I really must learn how to use CS properly. There are a number of books that are titled much the same ... Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers. Any suggestions/recommendations of ones that you have used and liked?

This one looks like it might be pretty good for example:

[url=http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/item/books-978024051984/0240519841/Adobe+Photoshop+CS2+for+Photographers+A+profession al+image+e?ref=Search+Books%3a+'Photoshop+CS2'[/url]

Cheers, Mike

mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:44 PM   #2

That sounds like a neat book - I haven't seen it so don't know what its like.

I have used Adobe's Classroom in a Book on CS2, and its well done as far as learning the main tools the program offers, and it's a tutorial. There are some Illustrator type tools that Photoshop has (and/or import from Illustrator) that a photographer might not be interested in. I tend to hit one of those chapters and put the book aside, never finishing it. It's too bad because there is so much in later chapters, and I just need to sit down and work my way through it.

I've never liked the books that tell you all about something but aren't tutorials. I won't remember something I haven't played with and gotten good results with using (the reason I use levels far more than curves in Photoshop - I just haven't got the right touch with the very useful curves tool).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 2:55 AM   #3

I buy this magazine as it gives good examples of things to do like getting rid of shine on someones face, soft focus, masks etc. You can even dowload the original images they used for the tips and tricks to try them out for yourself

You can Subscribe to the magazine and get new ideas and tricks every month

I sound like an advertisement, don't I? I truly do like the magazine and info though.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote