Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:07 AM   #1

lgbalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:14 AM   #2

I don'town one yet, but the FA50mm f1.4 is ranked by most that have it as one of the best of the Pentax primes and it is also on the rebate program. I don't think you can go wrong with this lens. I was going to buy a 50mm f1.4, but got a macro 50mm instead, but its an f4, not nearly as fast- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:05 AM   #3

Are the optics the same in this lens as the Pentax SMC M 50mm 1.4 lenses? If so, it's a nice lens.

If you look back here( http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...537635#p537635) you'll see 2 comparison shots I took withan M 50mm 1.4 and an M 50mm 1.7 lens (I happen to have both). There wasn't much difference when I used f8 and took a shot of a house and a mountain about a mile away (focus at infinity). The 1.4 was a hair sharper, perhaps, and the colors/overall quality was slightly better so I keep the 1.4 in my daily bag now instead of the 1.7.

I tried to take some photos of pine tree branches that were about 5 feet away at each lens' widest, but since I couldn't quite get the focus the same, they weren't conclusive as far as sharpness and color.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote