Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:39 AM   #1

I spoke with the Pentax rebate person this morning.
Here is the scoop.......
She said....the rebate is valid for the kit purchase. Just make sure when you send in the rebate you send in the UPC code from the box that contained the DL body. She did admit that the rebate form was confusing.

Buydig here I come :-)
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:20 PM   #2

Confirmed per email from Pentax

[align=left]Thank you for contacting Pentax Imaging Company.[/align]
[align=left]The rebate applies to the body when also sold in a "kit". [/align]
[align=left]Simply complete the rebate coupon form from our website at: www.pentaximaging.com Click on "Pentax Promotions", and submit it with the UPC bar code from the camera body box, contained within the kit packaging. [/align]
[align=left]If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at: 800-877-0155.[/align]
trido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:55 PM   #3

Well that confirms it. All of us that bought our DL's a few months back can sit and welcome allthe new people into the Pentax forum. You gotta wonder what the point & shootcrowd is thinkingabout this move. This isone whale of a dealwhile they last. A year ago, I would not have believed this was going to happen or even possible.

You're going to be surprised what you can do with a $370 camera. From my own perspective, I can see Pentax looking at alot of future lens sales. This may be a very smart move on there part. You're buying into a very goodsystem, not just a camera- Bruce

PS - I notice they have now changed the rebate form with a footnote added about the DL kit. They must have gotten a lot of calls on this.

bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:43 AM   #4

The rebate got me to sell my Kodak P850 and accessories and buy the *ist DL kit. I should have it tomorrow.

Pentax has updated the instructions on the rebate form telling people who purchased the kit to send in the UPC from the body box, not the kit box. Also, the rebate is NOT valid for purchases at Walmart stores. I don't know if that also means Walmart.com, but probably so.

Next purchase will probably be the Pentax 50-200 with a $50 rebate.

rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 3:19 PM   #5

You won't regret getting the DL - it's a fun camera. The 50-200 is the lens I leave on my camera mostly (use it a bit more than the Phoenix macro lens, but not a lot more).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 5:29 PM   #6

Congrats, folks! That really is a great price for that much fun ... er, I mean camera!!:GIt's a great camera that's easy to start to use & fun to learn photography with! Just remember Ebay, Ebay, Ebay! Don't just go to the local cam shop for the accessories that you will need!

Have fun!!

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 8:27 PM   #7
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Looks like we have a new memberjoining the Pentax DSLR flock. Welcome to the forum Fghouse2000!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote