Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:09 PM   #1

What setting do you use for your exposure setting steps, 1/2 EV or 1/3 EV? and is there any reason for it? I notice in the custom function menu I can set it so it either goes in half step or third steps when I change my shutter speed and aperture, and I'm just curious as to what others are using.
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:46 PM   #2

1/2 for me. Bigger jumps between seem needed more than not. I'm always at +.5 or +1. Camera seems to underexpose most shots......cheers.......Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:53 PM   #3

1/2 most the time because i use TTL metering in macro and 1/180 is easy to get. at 1/3 i get 1/160 and i need all the speed these shaky hands can get.. things are going to change soon as with some recent ebay sells i've decided to get the sigma 500 super flash.. oh gawd,,, hi speed sync......

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:11 PM   #4

I had used 1/3 with the Sony, and changed the camera to that. However, I'm thinking that using 1/2 might be more to the point. I shoot raw mostly, so don't use the adjustments (though I keep forgetting the auto bracket mode, something very useful in snow).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:23 PM   #5

I also changed mine to 1/3 because of a previous camera. I also note that since digital has an exposure latitude similar to slide film the smaller increments would make for more precise exposures.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote