Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 19, 2006, 1:58 PM   #11

I was impressed with your skill in lining up the leg - I find straight lines like that very difficult to line up. The log is also nicely done - you've done a good job of avoiding an obvious pattern (something easier said than done). Well done!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:54 PM   #12

PPing is a subject that will be discussed till we are all dead and buried. as soon as you press the button, film or digital, you have altered the image. if you shoot raw then you HAVE to PP the image..

Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:35 PM   #13

Either you pp the image, or the engineers at Pentax corp or Adobe do it for you.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 7:21 PM   #14
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

alibunnylady wrote:
jelpee wrote:

Your PP is perfect! I have tried to do this, but no very successfully. Do tell me how you were able tothe background so flawlessly? Jay
I used Adobe Photoshop and the clone stamp, zoomed in on the area I needed to use and clone and did it that way, I think it helped that it was murky water needed to get rid of alot of the little bird.

I then altered the size of the clone tool for the legs and did them little by little, using an area of the left leg to do the left leg and the right leg to do the right leg to ensure the direction was right. Hard to explain really.

Then of course, I needed to clone part of the log to get rid of the final part of the little bird.

I'm useless at explaining things so hope this makes some sense.

Thanks for the explanation Allison. I guess patience does it! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote