Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:01 PM   #1

How much could Pentax do via firmware upgrades? Would it be possible to allow the user to assign macros to certain keys? For example, you could set the down arrow as a macro to repeat the keystrokes necessary to put you into continuous autofocus mode, and the up arrow to put you into single autofocus mode. I'm sure everbody would have their own favorites that they would want to use.

Also, could they allow different drive modes to be used concurrently, such as 2-second delay and auto-bracketing? It would seem that the mirror lock-up function could be set independently of the "drive mode". Here again, I'm sure that everone might have their own suggestions for menu items that are currently mutually exclusive.

If any of you own a HP programmable calculator, you may know thatthere is software in which you can write programs onyour PC and then transfer it to your calculator. Would Pentax, or some enterprising computer/camera knowledgeable person be able to produce something similar that would allow Pentax users to reprogram the keys on the camera?

Now that Pentax is concentrating on marketing the DL, K100, and K110, does anyone think that future firmware upgrades will be provided for the D, DS, etc.?

Just curious to see what ideas and opinions anyone would care to offer.
pentax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links