Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:33 AM   #41

featherman99 wrote:
Hey hey,It's finally cooled off here for a hot minute. I built my wired remote for my DL using a 2.5 mm plug from old phone/cell phone head sets. I cut it off from the head set ear piece, plug it into the camera. There are 2 sets of paired wires, one pair will trigger the camera, you can add more wire for a longer release. That's the pair that you attach a push button switch to, the other pair I just trim and wrap tape around and to the outside of the working pair. I attach the switch through a hole to the lid of a plastic film container, with the wire passing though and out the bottom of the film container. I just snap the lid in place and go shoot. Total cost $3.59 for a pair of switches from Radio Shack and 99? for the headsets from The 99? Stores.?My lighting guy (Larry Light Company of Hollywood, CA) He builds Strobe Systems, sells a Chinese Radio Trigger similar to a Pocket Wizard but for a $100. I'm going to try one next month. I have some old school studio strobes with a high trigger voltage. I'll let you know how it works.
the other set of wires is for the focus button.