Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 1, 2006, 2:26 AM   #1

I've found two lenses on ebay, one is f1.4 second 1.7, both made by pentax in KA mount. which one do you think is better? does 1.4 stopped down to 1.7 is sharper than 1.7? and what's a good price for them? I don't want to spend more than they are worth. thanks

this is 1.7

this is 1.4

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2006, 6:48 AM   #2

Check this thread: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

It's hard to give recommendations when it comes to prices. They tend to move up and down. When I had decided to get a FA 1.4 or F 1.4 the ebay prices were so high I decided to buy a new one instead. Since the first shot I haven't regretted the expense.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:21 AM   #3

They'll both be excellent lenses, so I'd see which one ends on the lowest price.

If it's not too high up go for the 1.4 though, you'll appreciate the extra f-stop when you need just that bit of extra light

I'm looking for one myself too, so I hope we won't be bidding up against eachother too much

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:35 PM   #4

If you look at my post "Old Friend" you can see some low light shots taken with the f1.4 manual focus lens at ISO 800. I have both the 1.4 and 1.7 in manual focus, and they are both great pieces of glass. I prefer the 1.4 for the concert shots I take.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote