Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:15 AM   #1

Hi guys (and gals),

This is my first post on this board, but I've been reading here since last week. I ordered a DL Friday from Amazon (great price and free shipping) and received it yesterday. What a fun camera! In the past, I really enjoyed photography withmy 35mm cameras. I sort of drifted to digicams back in the late 90's due to the convenience and savings of not having to have film developed. I also grew to appreciate the ability to see the pics immediately after taking them.

I've had Pentaxes for years... an ME Super and a Super Program. I've got a few lenses from those old cameras that are in almost perfect condition. I've got a really nice flash with an off-camera bracket that's about 5 years old. I didn't read that the DL didn't have normal TTL flash capabilities 'til this past weekend. I've tried using this flash. Some pics came out fine, some came out terrible. I guess I'll play around with it some more and try it manually. The only other thing I'm not happy about is that Pentax doesn't seem to make the hard, fitted cases like I have for my old 35mm Pentaxes. Those cases are great for protecting the camera while carrying it around from day-to-day and are super convenient. I haven't seen them for many (if any) DSLR's.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I appreciate folks sharing their experiences, techniques, and general info on these cameras. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the future.

David_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:28 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum David

Enjoy your DL, I love mine :blah::blah:

You can get PA-PTTL flashes for the DL by Pentax and Sigma, Sigma is most definately cheaper and there is little difference in what they can do.

Take lots of pics and post them often..

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:34 AM   #3

welcome to the doard david. depending on the model of flash you have there may be options for auto flash. what flash are you using??

Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:04 AM   #4

Hi! It is too bad that there aren't the form-fitting cases any more, but I never had much problem with my old Sony, carting it around for 3 years in a non form-fitting case. The DS I bought 6 months ago seems to be similar. I do have a couple of photo bags of various sizes, but nothing I'm really totally happy with yet.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:47 AM   #5

Welcome to the Forum

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote