Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:09 AM   #1

i know its been a while sence i been here i been busy trying to get work for model photography.anyway i wanted to ask has anyone use this camera and is it really good for low light shots? i use my DL in a car event and there was only my flash and very little light. i was wondring if this k100 can help at lest a little.
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 2:53 PM   #2

The K100D's biggest advantages are:

(1) Faster focusing

(2) Shake Reduction

(3) A new .jpg processor

The lenses used remain the same. Shake Reduction is a definite advantage for low light level handheld shooting.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:59 AM   #3

I recently picked up the K100D and find it awesome for low light situations. The shake reduction combined with low noise at high ISO settings gives really good non-flash low light pictures. I've taken a number of shots indoors using ISO1600, no flash in dimly lit rooms and can get a decent shot with shutter speeds as low as 1/20s. I find it works well to use Av mode, using lowest F-stop avail (with my lens, F3.5) and then let the camera set a shutter speed. With ISO 1600 this usually is 1/30s or higher. Not sure if it would be better to use Tv mode and a fixed shutter speed, but I figure I'm better off letting the camera set a higher shutter speed based on fixed aperature to avoid blur as much as possible.

Sample attached was in a room with average lighting, resized image, no other post processing.

1/30s, F4.5, ISO1600, no flash.
Attached Images
shadow-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:03 AM   #4

I'll keep saying it. In my opinion Pentax beats all the competition with ease in low light situations

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote