Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:37 PM   #1

I know that I wore all of you out with the Flash Thread. However, it was my understanding that you really wanted to know a bit more about the Pentax DSLR Flash capabilities. It would be nice if we could tie it all up with a module on the Promaster Dual Flash. Are you interested or shall I go away just like the Flash Thread has gone away.

It really does not matter to me. I have a workshop contract for all of next month. So the choice is entirely up to you.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:00 PM   #2

Although I don't have a Pentax, I do have a Promaster 7500Dx with dual flash, so if that qualifies I would be interested. Thanks.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:18 PM   #3

you're flash thread was fantastic!! i'm sorry i could not contribute after awhile. life for me got a little hectic, still is.. i think the prob with an online FORUM tutorial is a lot of folks are not going to want to wade through all the posts to get to the answer. everyone seems to want to get an instant reply to their individual question. i guess it's kind of like walking someone thru a relatively easy Image enhancement with a graphics program. ALL INFO is available if you do a simple search for it. most people don't do this. it's like, I NEED MY ANSWER, but i'm unwilling to research the properties behind the answer, so they use the answer for that particular situation with out knowing why it works..

guys and gals, film is cheap, experiment! just be glad , you do not have to wait, and pay for processing..

Old Aug 12, 2006, 3:53 AM   #4

I have read through your flash post dozens of times now and I really appreciate it. You had many other positive comments from others who were learning there. An actual camera remains a month or two off for my budget right now but I am grateful to learn anything I can. I think I have four or five used photography books ordered now to help fill in the edges of what I am learning here. So, if you have the time and inclination I would enjoy learning about the Promaster Dual Flash.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:05 AM   #5

Sarah and Roy, I think those of us who followed the Flash thread were really appreciative of the effort that went into it. I was going to suggest that Sarah make it available in pdf for printing and offline reading.

Speaking for myself, I've done a lot of looking regarding flashes and the terms that are used on the subject BUT, because Sarah and others are more knowledgable it is easier to ask the question in one place, the purpose of a forum afterall.

Some of us find it more difficult to digest all the information than others and require more hand-holding and this cannot be very easy when there are so many models being manufactured. The thing to remember though is that we (read I) keep asking until we understand. The Question is the sister of Knowledge.

Sarah I personally do not think the Flash thread is dead (Edit: has not gone away) but I am sure it will be referenced often - a feather in your cap and those who may have assisted you.

Finally, back to your original question - I think I have enough now to keep me busy for ages. Everytime I switch on the flash I think of you - and BTW, I did get the small bower like yours and just waiting to find the opportunity to use it.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:54 AM   #6

I ended up not participating - I started to read the first lesson a couple of times and kept getting distracted.

I ended up printing it out at the office (where I could print it on bigger paper, with the photos the text got cut off on 8 1/2 x 11 paper), then taking my time reading through it. I'm still digesting it, so any and all information connected to it would be greatly appreciated it. And I now know what I was doing wrong with the on-board flash a couple of times, and why my outdoor macro flower photos did come out nicely.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:02 AM   #7

My understanding was that the Promaster dual flash is int compatible with the DL. Is this true, or am I mistaken?

BTW, the flash thread was superb. Given that I am a newbie, I did learn a lot. Thanks!
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:24 AM   #8

Originally, Promaster only was set up for TTL, thus it was used with the DS. However, I am told that they will soon have a flash module out that will allow it to be used on the DL and the K100D as well.

The dual flash tube feature is what has made it interesting to many folks. Thanks as well for your many nice comments.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote