Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:54 PM   #11

I always enjoy your shots, always very detailed and sharp. We have simlair lizards/skinks here in AR but they are not that cooperative as this one was.

I also enjoy your comments in how the camera performs and it helps me learn. I wil soon be a K100D owner, find your nuggets of info helpful. What is the best way to control overexporsue with K100D?

Greatgrey/owl Brad
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 8:05 PM   #12

I'm still experimenting, and don't have a sure-fire way that I can really count on yet. Using raw helps, and then I'll try to use either spot or center-weighted metering, that gives me a bit more control (and what I'm more used to). I've been doing quite a bit of checking to see if there are blown out portions, and using -5 EV on occasion. So far it's been hit-or-miss but I've been having much better success today, just using raw and paying attention to what I was doing.

Today I had a couple of subjects - this one wasn't planned at all. I was raking up the weeds I had knocked down (my yard landscaping is "natural" - as in "I-don't-have-time-to-take-care-of-it") and spotted this fellow escaping from the pile. He was really obvious because his camoflage is the wrong color for my yard. He finally found a green stalk and climbed up to hide, where I left him alone. It's the first time I've ever really seen one, and I'm afraid I didn't do him justice with the pictures.
Attached Images
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 8:29 PM   #13
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Great shots (as usual Harriet)! I especially like the praying mantis. I see them around these parts, but often times they are against a background that provides camouflage--not at all ideal for taking pictures. You were lucky to find one against a contrasting background! Jay.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote