Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:02 PM   #1

I just took my 6 month old DS on a trip. When I got to my destination it seemed to work fine. But the next day when I turned the camera on the LCD screen brightened but there was nothing on it. It would not display anything (no images, menu choices etc.) nothing. It still took pictures however.

Now when I got it home it seems to work fine again.

Has anyone else had thsi problem?

It is under warrenty but I hate to send it in as they will say "It worked fine for us"
Tickwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:34 PM   #2

That's weird. I haven't had anything like that happening, so I can't help you, other than to sympathize with your predicament. Think I'd just leave it alone unless it happens again, but then I've usually taken a "wait and see" attitude.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:19 AM   #3

I've experienced a 'crash' where the camera just locked up and nothing worked even the off button. Removing the batteries was the only way to power it off.

I've also experienced problems with focusing which was resoled by rotating the lens with the power switched off - I found this by trial and error.

I've also experienced a failure to recognise the SD card which was resolved by removing and re-inserting.

Your problem might have been related to the condition of the batteries or just a glitch but it's strange that it appears to fine now - perhaps there something strange going on the locality of you visit - GREMLINS!!
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote