Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1

I just bought a used Pentax Optio S40, for 7 bucks. The camera was displaying a battery depleted message and shutting off. I found help on another thread for that problem but I am now getting a message "Built in memory full". I have no memory card. I tried to delete any pictures as the manual instructed but had no luck. I cannot find any pictures to delete. Anybody have any suggestions. Could be my own stupidity.
Any help would be appreciated.
NCarper254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:57 AM   #2

Many models require a memory card to work. It does look like this Pentax has 11MB of internal memory though.

See if the Format menu choice you'll find under the Setup menus allows you to Format the internal memory (I don't know if it will or not). If so, that may solve it.

If not, some models are limited to what resolution you can shoot in usng the internal memory (for example, I've got a little Konica Pocket Camera that won't allow me to use anything other than 640x480 for internal memory, which is a pretty worthless mode for anything but small screen viewing). I don't know what (if any) limitations your Pentax may have in this area.

If using the Format command or trying different resolutions doesn't work, see if the RESET command helps (that resets the camera settings back to factory defaults). It's also under the camera's setup menu.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:56 PM   #3

Thank you, that solved the problem and it appears to work fine. I did a reformat of the memory.

I'm really glad I found this forum. You have been really helpful.

Again much thanks
NCarper254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Default Battery Deplated Problem

hi NCarper254,

i have a same problem for my digital camera(pantex).when i switch on my cam.then show message is "battery deplated".i'm very disappointed this problem.this camera was purchase in malashya.then there is no service center.as well you know.can u suggust me how can u resolve this problem.please mail me asap.my id is vinay.gangwar@gmail.com.

vinaygang is offline   Reply With Quote