Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:17 PM   #1

I purchased the Optio T20 on 11/29/06. Lens got stuck in the out position w/in first week. I was able to reset by removing the battery. Second incident happened w/in 28 days. Unfortunately this time the battery trick did not work. Sent in to warranty company who sent to Pentax. They claim it was damaged by impact due to the telescoping lens leaning to one side. I assure you it was not ever dropped or impacted while in my possession. So far Pentax, Wild Digital (the e-tailer I bought it from) and Mack Camera (the warranty company) are all denying the repair unless I pay another $185. Pretty steep considering I paid $239 for the camera and $160 for 3 year warranty upgrade & extra battery starter kit. So, I'm out $400 and no camera. Don't really know what recourse I have at this point other than to post a complaint on every review site I can find. Feel free to contact me if you have any ideas on how to resolve. The shame is, I am going to Costa Rica in 6 weeks and do not have a usable camera.
cindysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links