Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Mar 11, 2004, 11:41 PM   #11
Default Optio 33WR works well for me

I have taken about 800 pictures and a few videos with it. The LCD is difficult to read in bright sunlight, but usually can be shaded with a hand. I set the sharpness, saturation, and contrast to their lowest settings, and the Jpeg quality to the highest, and adjust in Photoshop, getting very nice results. I have not noticed any problems with color or excess saturation, perhaps because of this approach. The high-quality jpeg mode is very high quality on this camera; essentially no artifacts are ever visible. My biggest complaint is that it comes without a case or lenscap, and you really need one, the other, or both if you are going to use this as a take-anywhere camera. I made a slipcase for mine to get around this problem. The macro mode is fantastic; I have taken detailed pictures of a single mosquito at the closest setting. It also has a very neat intervalometer mode that lets you take up to 100 photos at intervals of 1 second to 1 hour, and the camera goes to sleep between photos, so you can do this on battery power.
Ross Alford is offline   Reply With Quote