Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jun 19, 2009, 9:31 PM   #1
Default Flash Question

Is the Pentax AF 360 FGZ a good flash to buy? The person selling it said she paid $400 for it & wants $200 & hasn't used it much. That is in Canadian $. Would anyone recommend I buy this flash. I do not have an external flash for my camera. I have a Pentax K200D.
jvanwees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:57 AM   #2

Check prices at Adorama and B&H Photo Video used departments, and KEH.com . The price sounds a bit high to me, but I'm thinking in US dollars.
Try asking in the DSLR forums, as I believe there are quite a few AF360 users there.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 3:41 PM   #3

May be a little late to respond, but here is my two-cents nonetheless. The price at roughly $175 US seems a bit steep for a used flash, jvanwees. Expecially when brand new versions of this particular flash unit is selling for approximately the same price on eBay. However, the convenience of obtaining it locally (in pristine condition, obviously) might make the deal worthwhile. Of course, without know much more about your photography and shooting habits, it's difficult to make recommendations. That said, the flash itself is just fine for basic flash photography.

stewart_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:42 PM   #4

The price is too high. However, the Pentax AF 360 is a very well regarded flash unit. It the flash unit were brand new in appearance , I would be offering around 160 to 180 Canadian. There is currently an External Flash Tutorial going on in the Pentax DSLR folder.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Jul 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote