Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:51 AM   #1
Default Pentax Optio W30 Power On Problem

Greetings. This is my first post, but I assure you I looked and searched without success before I posted this. I may not have used the right search terms, though, so if this is addressed elsewhere please give me a link. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Pentax Optio W30 which I bought for my field trip to Afghanistan. It worked great for the year I was over there (over 3000 pictures) and I handed it off to my daughter for her Australian adventure last month. She got about four days of use out of it and then it stopped powering on. She ended up picking up an Olympus 850 SW which served her well for the rest of the trip. Her pictures from the W30 were fine, no corruption.

Now I have both child and camera back and I am trying to figure out if I can save the W30. Here is what it is doing:

When you push the power button the screen lights and shows the current mode and then shuts off with a quick multiple chirp (maybe four). I’m thinking file system issues, but I can’t find anything about firmware or fixing the camera anywhere.

Any thoughts?
diogenes009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2013, 8:51 AM   #2

Did you find an answer to this problem? I have the same camera & problem - please advise if you have solution. Thank you.

Theresa - Treesawill@msn.com
Treesawill is offline   Reply With Quote