Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Default K-r vs. T3

I am in the market for a DSLR w/movie mode, preferrably a 18-55mm lens kit such as a Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T3 12.2MP, Nikon D5000. Both are within my budget. But, I see the PENTAX - K-r with 18-55mm Lens Kit goes for $250 more for some reason. Same MPs & lens. What's the deal here?
romphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:40 PM   #2

Better camera is the deal. Neither is great for movies. The T3 is a plastic camera with no rubberized grip but I guess not a $250 difference with just that. Overall, the Pentax K-r is just a better camera and is a higher end model. Megapixels once again is a very poor way of measuring the cameras merits. It is end results that matters and who is using it.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:05 PM   #3

All these camera only shot at 720 for HD, but the canon is the better HD camera. As canon has spent allot of time getting the HD right on a dslr. It uses the same AF as the T3i, T2i and T1i, which is the best AF in the entry level dslr segment.

The nikon is a bit dated. The K-r is nice but pentax's HD is not that great. Both the nikon and pentax uses the same 12mp sensor form sony. The pentax with it's processing has the best low light, the cleanest at 3200iso of the 3 camera. But form 100-1600iso, you will not see a real difference.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote