Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:29 PM   #11
Default Happy S4i owner and....

You can get Optio S4i from Ritzcamera $349 Delivered.

You should get the remote control E not F it also controls zoom, same price. You can use the Video out and your TV to frame self/family portraits adoramacamera.com has it for $28 delivered

You can get 710mha replacement batteries from a number of places. I have not needed .. as that last a while Good prices are $14.99 to $18.99 http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/cambat.html and buy.com etc.

It is great camera. It is faster then its predessors, bigger screen, longer movies, 12bit color.

It is quite possible the Edges are soft as they are on many other mini digicams though I have not noticed it. If it is, do not frame your shots too tight and crop.

And as a number of you have noted Pentax Optio S4i is unique in having the combo of small size, Remote, Video Out, Macro, and Tripod mount while being a kickin camera.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 5:09 AM   #12

There are two other differences that I've found (really appreciate that manual download suggestion): PRICE - at Costco, where I plan to buy because of free lifetime warranty, the S40 is $289.99 and the S4i is $349.99. But, TRIMMING is absent from the S40, a feature important to me. Instead, they have an in-camera add-on filter set-up - interesting, and not available in the S4i. Also waiting for the final price on Sony W1, not available at Costco, unfortunately, and looking at the Casio P51 at Sam's Club ($298).

Old Rooster
Old Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote