Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 18, 2004, 2:06 PM   #1

Hi, I have just bought Optio S4, but in june there should be the new S4i in stores (Canada). So, my question is: Should I return S4, and wait few days for S4i?Why? (I know about bigger LCD, ISO400, what else?)Thank you for your responses.
marco31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2004, 10:50 PM   #2

I have the S4 and I am very happy with it. It's hard to believe but its picture quality and sharpness match my *istD 6MP DSLR! The S4i is an improved version on paper with iso 400 (instead of 200), larger screen, unlimited movie length (instead of 60 sec) but unlike the S4 has had some bad reviews that critisise its picture quality. Certainly the S40 (which came out at the same time as the S4i and also is better on paper than the S4) has inferior real world performance in regard to focussing and speed to the S4. So newer is not necessarily better. I would stick with the S4. The way the market is at the moment a newer "S5" with even better features may be just around the corner so it is impossible to avoid the "built in obsolescence" of electronic toys nowadays.
ndi is offline   Reply With Quote